maanantai 21. toukokuuta 2012

Hogwarts in 1:24th scale

 Last Monday I visited the Harry Potter tour at Leavesden Studios.
 The highlight of the tour was in the last room:
Hogwarts in glorious 1:24th scale.

The detail is astounding.
I walked in the room, and promptly tripped over my jaw that had dropped to the floor...
The castle alone is well worth the £28 ticket price.
For me at least  :)

The model is 15 meters in diameter and took a total of 74 years to build when all the time spent by 86 artists and crew members is added up.
(that's an adult standing in front, gives you some indication of the scale)
Simply amazing.

8 kommenttia:

  1. Oh wow! Thanks for sharing, I didn't know this was visitable! Time to plan a visit to London!

    Marit

    VastaaPoista
  2. How lucky you are! Looks amazing!

    VastaaPoista
  3. I'm so envious!!! I would love to visit that studio and to see that Hogwarts Model. Thanks so much for sharing your photos!
    Hugs,
    Jill

    VastaaPoista
  4. Fabulous, how beautiful! Quite a hefty entrance fee though I think!

    VastaaPoista
  5. Wow! Not a Harry Potter fan, but love the castle! That's amazing work. Was it made as a prop/scene for the movie or just for the park?

    VastaaPoista
  6. Josje, the £28 ticket is for the entire tour, I spent three hours there :)

    Shannon, it is the model that was used to to film the outside footage for the films.

    I have more photos from the tour on my 1:1 scale life blog ;)

    VastaaPoista
  7. It's perfect! Thanks for sharing and kisses in your heart....

    VastaaPoista